THNK is an entrepreneurial start-up. We are fun-loving, innovative, intelligent individuals with amazing networks all over the globe. We hire the best people, providing them with freedom and responsibility, helping them to grow themselves. This means that we try to create a caring environment where people help and support each other and demand the best at the same time. THNK Homes around the world offer the opportunity to gain experience in a fast-growing start-up, collaborate with the very best in creative leadership and innovation, and have a lot of fun.
THNK IN-COMPANY SERVICE LINE DIRECTOR
THNK School of Creative Leadership is a social enterprise with a mission to develop and support creative leaders to resolve large societal challenges. To this end, we bring together experienced social entrepreneurs, commercial entrepreneurs, public servants and corporate leaders from across the world to work on creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship, leadership and gender and inclusiveness.
One of THNK’s core activities is the design and delivery of custom or “in-company” programs to pre-eminent corporate clients that are shaping their industries, such as Johnson & Johnson, Naspers, Booking.com and the Port of Rotterdam. We also work on innovation and leadership topics with academic institutions such as Stanford University, the Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley and ShanghaiTech.
THNK’s in-company approach is fresh and different; as Forbes Magazine writes, “A combination of unexpected, deep collaboration and learning-by-doing amid real life problem-solving makes the anti-classroom of THNK stand out … This highly disruptive introspective approach is buoyed by the belief that change must first happen on a personal level before it can be successfully implemented within teams, organizations, business, and society”.
Hallmarks of THNK in-company programs include:
- Focus on corporate clients that are credible in their efforts to pursue positive impact on people and planet in addition to profit
- Drive for results and, more concretely, tangible participant learning and business impact
- Multi-disciplinary approach, drawing from several schools of thought, including design-thinking, leadership, entrepreneurship, systems thinking and critical thinking
- Truly experiential learning, that prioritizes participant energy, engagement and connection to daily reality rather than lecture, theory and knowledge transfer
The team responsible for these so in-company clients is led by Natasha Bonnevalle, Mark Vernooij and Rajiv Ball, each of whom has over 15 years of experience in serving leading global companies at Board level on topics relating to creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship, leadership, gender and inclusiveness.
As a result of continued growth in THNK’s in-company activities, we are looking for outstanding individuals who subscribe to the mission of THNK and are eager to join our team in the role of Service Line Director.
A Service Line Director is responsible for leading or co-leading a THNK in-company service line. Our in-company services lines address client needs in Innovation, Leadership Development, and Gender and Inclusiveness and:
- Address topics of Board level relevance
- Aspire to have a transformational impact on participants, their wider organization and society more generally
- Are typically a multi-month journey with a minimum program price of EUR 100K per program
Service Line Director activities are responsible to:
- Develop innovative, world-class content and delivery formats that truly shift participant mindsets and behaviors, in conjunction with other THNK Service Line Directors
- Identify and build new corporate clients
- Help clients to articulate and structure their (learning/enterprise) needs with a clear eye on transformational program impact
- Maintain independence to tell a client if THNK is not the best partner for their needs
- Prepare proposals and lead efforts in pitching these proposals successfully to clients
- Oversee a team consisting of a Program Director, Program Manager and Faculty to ensure successful detailed design and delivery of programs
- Work with the THNK Finance Director to manage the program to budget, including all the invoicing and legal/procurement paper work that accompanies a program
Key performance indicators of a Service Line Director are:
- An attraction of inspirational clients with meaningful work in both volume and quality. To this end, we are looking for Service Line Directors to bring in a minimum of EUR 300K of revenue in their first year with THNK, rising to a minimum of EUR 500K in subsequent years
- Development of programs that are truly at the cutting edge of their relevant field
- Positive participant and business impact generated through the programs
- Feedback from clients
- Feedback from fellow Service Line Directors
- Feedback from faculty and staff
A Service Line Director:
- Has senior stature and the ability to engage Board-level executives
- Brings deep expertise in learning program design and delivery as well as depth in the Service Line she or he is developing
- Has international work experience with a strong appreciation of diversity
- Is resourceful, self-directed, structured and organized
- Can balance intuitive insight with an unrelenting eye for the detail that is required to deliver world class programs
- Is a good team player and inspirational people leader of THNK faculty and staff, able to build inclusive teams
- Has presence and the ability to engage a group of senior participants in a class room setting
- Typically brings 5 plus years of consultative selling experience at Board level, with a proven track record of selling professional services projects over EUR 50K each
Over time, we expect Service Line Directors to have a deep understanding of all dimensions of “creative leadership” as defined by THNK, plus deep expertise in at least one topic (e.g., leadership, corporate innovation, gender and inclusiveness) and be seen as a role model for THNK’s values and way of working.
Service Line Director compensation consists of a base salary and performance related pay (the latter accounting for up to one-third of total compensation) and is consistent with THNK’s status as a young social enterprise. The role can be between 50 per cent and full time and is Amsterdam-based, although we are open to considering applications from exceptional candidates who are located in other geographies.
We are particularly keen to attract applications from potential Service Line Directors who increase the diversity of the current Service Line Director team.
If you are interested in applying for the role, then please send your CV and a cover letter, in particular highlighting your Board-level consultative selling experience, to Rajiv Ball (Rajiv.Ball@thnk.org).
THNK is op zoek naar een gemotiveerde Finance Manager. Heb jij zin om bij een internationaal snel groeiende organisatie in Amsterdam aan de slag te gaan in een uitdagende medior finance functie? Heb jij HBO/WO werk- en denkniveau in de richting bedrijfseconomie, accountancy of controlling en een bewezen accounting achtergrond? Ben je flexibel, georganiseerd, consciëntieus, energiek en heb je een goed oog voor detail? Dan ben jij misschien wel precies de persoon die wij zoeken.
De Finance Manager:
- is verantwoordelijk voor de volledigheid, juistheid en tijdigheid van de financiële administratie (crediteuren-, debiteuren- en salarisadministratie, grootboek);
- zorgt voor een zo goed mogelijke inrichting van de administratie en de administratieve processen
- verzorgt de maand-kwartaal en jaarafsluiting;
- draagt zorg voor tijdig en nauwkeurig opstellen van begrotingen, periodieke financiële rapportages (inclusief analyses) voor management en de jaarrekening;
- acteert als een kennisexpert op zijn/haar vakgebied;
- zorgt voor de afhandeling van fiscaliteit en compliance met fiscale wet- en regelgeving;
- acteert als financiële vraagbaak binnen de organisatie.
Welke kwaliteiten zoeken wij?
- een afgeronde HBO – WO opleiding richting finance;
- meer dan 3-5 jaar relevante werkervaring (accounting, samenstel, general ledger, financial control) met een complexe (project) administratie;
- uitstekende beheersing van de Nederlandse en Engelse taal in woord en geschrift;
- kennis van Exact is een pré.
THNK is een sociale onderneming die de ontwikkeling van leiders over de hele wereld ondersteunt. Onze unieke programma’s op het gebied van leiderschap en innovatie vergroten de maatschappelijke impact van de leiders en organisaties waarmee we werken.
De hoogte van het salaris is afhankelijk van jouw opgebouwde, relevante werkervaring en valt binnen de loonschaal van maximum €45 360 bruto jaarsalaris exclusief 8% vakantiegeld. Je krijgt een tijdelijk contract aangeboden met daarna, bij goed bevallen een vast contract.
Solliciteren? Mail je CV en motivatiebrief naar firstname.lastname@example.org. Wij gaan vertrouwelijk om met jouw gegevens en je ontvangt binnen 2 weken een reactie.
Chief Operating Officer (part-time)
Are you an experienced manager ready for the next challenge? Do you strive to work in an environment where you can be both a trusted strategic and financial advisor to the Managing Director, as well as a cross-functional manager, who brings operational excellence to a growing organization?
Then you might just be who we’re looking for to be THNK’s Chief Operating Officer!
As COO of THNK you are responsible for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company. You assure the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Responsible for the overall management of accounting, human resources, IT, legal and tax strategies, insurance and facilities
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and tactical initiatives
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Direct and monitor the implementation of strategic business plans
- Manage capital request and budgeting processes
- Report financial results, risk issues and key performance indicators to the Management Director and the shareholders; propose and implement measures to improve (financial and operational) performance and cost consciousness
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations, manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company’s accounting processing systems, implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee contracts and benefit plans
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements; maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors; maintain banking relationships; arrange for debt and equity financing
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company, division of a large corporation or rapidly growing organization – successfully built, lead and managed a financial department
- Postgraduate degree in controlling, accounting or business administration
- Experience in partnering with an executive team
- Thrive in a setting that is fast-moving and ever-changing and bring the necessary structure
- Highly proficient of written and spoken English and Dutch
- Resourceful, trustworthy, value-orientated self-starter with a high level of integrity
If you are interested in applying for the role, then please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that we are looking for someone on a part-time basis (24 hours/week), however other options can be discussed
ROLES AT THNK FOR PARTICIPANTS
For everyone who has completed the THNK Executive Leadership Program as a participant, there is a rich variety of opportunities to work with THNK.
In most cases the individual THNK participant proposes opportunities based on her own passion and purpose, expertise, and entrepreneurial vision. The opportunity typically starts with a one-on-one discussion with one of the THNK Partners (Femke Bartels, Rajiv Ball, Mark Vernooij or Natasha Bonnevalle) followed by submission of a presentation or letter of intent on behalf of the participant and then a period of joint exploration and scoping of the opportunity for collaboration. In this, we are particularly keen to foster long-term collaborations between THNK and former participants
Involved in the design and delivery of a THNK program. This includes the Executive Leadership Program, the in-company programs, and the in-city programs. Roles include those of Challenge Coordinator, Experience Designer, Master Practitioner, Forum Curator, Leadership Coach, and Acceleration Mentor.
CREATIVE TEAM MEMBER
Asked to engage in a creation effort to develop a creative solution to a large social challenge. This could include a Challenge in the Executive Leadership Program, or a Game-Changer In-Company project, or a project to incubate a Challenge Concept.
CHALLENGE CONCEPT LEADER
Bringing an innovative enterprise concept resulting from a THNK Challenge from the initial idea to a further articulation, assembling an entrepreneurial team, conducting a pilot, orchestrating the right partnership model and setting up the legal and ownership structure, leading to a first income.
SERVICE LINE DEVELOPER
Developing a new program within the portfolio of THNK activities. This includes programs for new target groups, as well as new formats (e.g. online), new cooperation models to realize creative solutions for large social challenges (e.g. Corporate Venturing, Accelerator, Business Plan Competition).