THNK is an entrepreneurially spirited and socially conscious organization.
We are fun-loving, innovative, intelligent individuals with amazing networks all over the globe. We hire the best people, providing them with freedom and responsibility, helping them to grow themselves. This means that we try to create a caring environment where people help and support each other and demand the best at the same time.
THNK Homes around the world offer the opportunity to gain experience in a fast-growing start-up, collaborate with the very best in creative leadership and innovation, and have a lot of fun.
Roles for past THNK participants
THNK In-Company Service Line Director
THNK is a social enterprise with a mission to develop and support creative leaders to resolve large societal challenges. To this end, we bring together experienced social entrepreneurs, commercial entrepreneurs, public servants and corporate leaders from across the world to work on creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship, leadership and gender, and inclusiveness.
One of THNK’s core activities is the design and delivery of Custom Programs to pre-eminent corporate clients that are shaping their industries, such as Johnson & Johnson, Naspers, Booking.com and the Port of Rotterdam. We also work on innovation and leadership topics with academic institutions such as Stanford University, the Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley and ShanghaiTech.
THNK’s Custom Program approach is fresh and different; as Forbes Magazine writes, “A combination of unexpected, deep collaboration and learning-by-doing amid real life problem-solving makes the anti-classroom of THNK stand out … This highly disruptive introspective approach is buoyed by the belief that change must first happen on a personal level before it can be successfully implemented within teams, organizations, business, and society”.
Hallmarks of THNK Custom Programs include:
- Focus on corporate clients that are credible in their efforts to pursue a positive impact on people and planet in addition to profit
- Drive for results and, more concretely, tangible participant learning and business impact
- Multi-disciplinary approach, drawing from several schools of thought, including design-thinking, leadership, entrepreneurship, systems thinking and critical thinking
- Truly experiential learning, that prioritizes participant energy, engagement and connection to daily reality rather than lecture, theory and knowledge transfer
The team responsible for these Custom Program clients is led by Natasha Bonnevalle, Mark Vernooij and Rajiv Ball, each of whom has over 15 years of experience in serving leading global companies at Board level on topics relating to creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship, leadership, gender and inclusiveness.
As a result of continued growth in THNK’s Custom Program activities, we are looking for outstanding individuals who subscribe to the mission of THNK and are eager to join our team in the role of Service Line Director.
A Service Line Director is responsible for leading or co-leading a THNK Custom Program service line. Our Custom Program Services Lines address client needs in Innovation, Leadership Development, and Gender and Inclusiveness and:
- Address topics of Board level relevance
- Aspire to have a transformational impact on participants, their wider organization and society more generally
- Are typically a multi-month journey with a minimum program price of EUR 100K per program
Service Line Director activities are responsible to:
- Develop innovative, world-class content and delivery formats that truly shift participant mindsets and behaviors, in conjunction with other THNK Service Line Directors
- Identify and build new corporate clients
- Help clients to articulate and structure their (learning/enterprise) needs with a clear eye on transformational program impact
- Maintain independence to tell a client if THNK is not the best partner for their needs
- Prepare proposals and lead efforts in pitching these proposals successfully to clients
- Accountability for overall delivery of the program with operational responsibility for design and delivery lying with the Program Director, Program Manager and Faculty
- Work with the THNK Finance Director to manage the program to budget, including all the invoicing and legal/procurement paper work that accompanies a program
Key performance indicators of a Service Line Director are:
- Attraction of inspirational clients with meaningful work in both volume and quality. To this end, we are looking for Service Line Directors to bring in a minimum of EUR 300K of revenue in their first year with THNK, rising to a minimum of EUR 500K in subsequent years
- Development of programs that are truly at the cutting edge of their relevant field
- Positive participant and business impact generated through the programs
- Feedback from clients
- Feedback from fellow Service Line Directors
- Feedback from faculty and staff
A Service Line Director:
- Is strongly aligned to THNK’s mission to develop and support creative leaders to resolve large societal challenges
- Has senior stature and the abilty to engage Board-level executives
- Brings deep expertise in learning program design and delivery as well as depth (meaning at least five years experience) in innovation or leadership development or diversity and inclusion topics
- Has international work experience with a strong appreciation of diversity
- Is resourceful, self-directed, structured and organized
- Can balance intuitive insight with an unrelenting eye for the detail that is required to deliver world class programs
- Is a good team player and inspirational people leader of THNK faculty and staff, able to build inclusive teams
- Has the presence and the ability to engage a group of senior participants in a class room setting
- Brings at least 5 plus years of consultative selling experience at Board level, with a proven track record of selling professional services projects over EUR 100K each
- Has a network of senior executives who have worked with him/her on programs similar to those offered by THNK, and who potentially can become THNK Custom Program partners in the future
Over time, we expect Service Line Directors to have a deep understanding of all dimensions of “creative leadership” as defined by THNK, plus deep expertise in at least one topic (e.g. leadership, corporate innovation, gender and inclusiveness) and be seen as a role model for THNK’s values and way of working.
Service Line Director reward consists of several elements:
- Achievement being the ability to realize one’s own professional aspirations in the field of transformational learning program design and delivery
- Growth consisting of personal and professional growth, which comes from working at the cutting edge of our profession
- Belonging which means being part of a very strongly-knit and winning team of mission-oriented professionals
- Balance from working in an organization that is not driven primarily by financial targets, but by the impact it delivers on its external and internal stakeholders
- Financial compensation consists of a base salary and performance related pay (the latter accounting for up to one third of total compensation) and is consistent with THNK’s status as a young social enterprise. Our Service Line Directors are not motivated primarily by financial compensation
The role can be between 50 percent and full time and is Amsterdam-based, although we are open to considering applications from exceptional candidates who are located in other geographies.
We are particularly keen to attract applications from potential Service Line Directors who increase the diversity of the current Service Line Director team.
If you are interested in applying for the role, then please send your CV and a cover letter, in particular highlighting your Board-level consultative selling experience, to Rajiv Ball (Rajiv.Ball@thnk.org).
We do not post our vacancies on third-party sites. All of our current vacancies are listed on the THNK website. We kindly ask you to submit your application directly to THNK, as we do not accept applications submitted on third-party sites.
Please note that we do not appreciate third-party mediation based on the advertisements on our website.
ROLES AT THNK FOR PARTICIPANTS
For everyone who has completed the THNK Executive Leadership Program as a participant, there is a rich variety of opportunities to work with THNK.
In most cases the individual THNK participant proposes opportunities based on her own passion and purpose, expertise, and entrepreneurial vision. The opportunity typically starts with a one-on-one discussion with one of the THNK Partners (Femke Bartels, Rajiv Ball, Mark Vernooij or Natasha Bonnevalle) followed by submission of a presentation or letter of intent on behalf of the participant and then a period of joint exploration and scoping of the opportunity for collaboration. In this, we are particularly keen to foster long-term collaborations between THNK and former participants
Involved in the design and delivery of a THNK program. This includes the Executive Leadership Program and Custom Programs. Roles include those of Challenge Coordinator, Experience Designer, Master Practitioner, Forum Curator, Leadership Coach, and Endeavor Coach.
CREATIVE TEAM MEMBER
Asked to engage in a creation effort to develop a creative solution to a large social challenge. This could include a Challenge in the Executive Leadership Program, or a Game-Changer Custom Program, or a project to incubate a Challenge Concept.
CHALLENGE CONCEPT LEADER
Bringing an innovative enterprise concept resulting from a THNK Challenge from the initial idea to a further articulation, assembling an entrepreneurial team, conducting a pilot, orchestrating the right partnership model and setting up the legal and ownership structure, leading to a first income.
SERVICE LINE DEVELOPER
Developing a new program within the portfolio of THNK activities. This includes programs for new target groups, as well as new formats (e.g. online), new cooperation models to realize creative solutions for large social challenges (e.g. Corporate Venturing, Accelerator, Business Plan Competition).