Aleksas Drozdovskis

Aleksas Drozdovskis
Head of Brand Strategy & Innovation
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Vilnius
THNK connection: THNKer , AMS Class 11

Raised in Lithuania and having lived in Moscow, London, Amsterdam, and Nicosia over the past decade, I never stop learning how this world works.

After receiving an honors degree with a distinction in International Marketing, I have enhanced my professional breadth at BBDO University, completed a series of qualification-based training at Account Planning Group (APG) in London, and hold a Design Management postgraduate certification from British Higher School of Art & Design.

I have worked with blue-chip enterprises and startups on strategic design solutions including value propositions, sustainable brand strategies, and creative narratives. I combine my social, strategic, and creative skills to create clarity and come up with solutions for all kinds of challenges.

Currently, I serve as the Head of Brand Strategy & Innovation at Yandex, one of Europe's largest internet companies. Previously, I served as a Head of Strategy at Wargaming, the global online game development and publishing company behind World of Tanks, a flagship free-to-play video game with a whopping base of 150 million players worldwide. Together with an amazing team, I was on a mission to make players happy every day. Under my leadership, we have set up an in-house creative agency. We've developed a strong organizational learning culture and cross-functional collaboration, as well as creating top-notch solutions bridging user-centric product design and marketing communications. Before transitioning to video games and entertainment business, I was responsible for clients' brand development and digital innovation at Omnicom Group, a leading provider marketing services.

I'm working with organizations to accelerate learning culture and build brand excellence throughout the business model. I strongly believe in initiatives based on ideas that come at the intersection of different knowledge domains, designed to bring value to people and communities. By day, I'm leading teams to set new benchmarks for innovation and pushing boundaries of creativity in business. By night, guided by the innate curiosity, I'm designing award-winning educational projects.

As a result, in 2018, I was honored to become an Associate Member of the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS), a New York-based organization that drives the creative, technical, and professional progress of the internet and evolving forms of interactive and new media.

Among other things, I am mentoring and advising a number of fast-growing European technological businesses, as well as working on my own venture ideas.

I'm an educator, workshop partner, keynote speaker, and jury member at creative industries conferences, educational institutions, in-company forums, and award shows. I often lecture on strategic design and marketing matters from creative culture to business modeling.

Often, you can find me wandering around in high pine forests to get my portion of inspiration to use in my work. To wind down, I also love long runs and weekend mornings with a good book and black coffee in a favorite downtown cafe in Vilnius.

menu-close-white