Amir Bozorgzadeh

Amir Bozorgzadeh
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Amsterdam
THNK connection: THNKer , AMS Class 09

I tend to keep falling under the label of a troublemaker. I loathe the prospect of becoming 'just one thing' in this short spell of a life, and instinctively keep on trying to find new ways to reinvent myself and experiment in novel directions. This usually involves technology in some form or another.

I started out in online market research, working for the likes of Ipsos, Vision Critical, and YouGov, until the 2008 recession splashed me onto the rocks of social media and mobile games. However, the magic of quantitative research, sampling, and research continues to be employed in the daily grind of navigating my commercial reality.

In my spare time, I have dabbled in seemingly irrelevant pastimes like acting and directing, studied weird archaic arts like handwriting analysis and Chinese face-reading, and have made amateurish attempts throughout the past few years to post my subjective musings about the human condition on my blog.

I have more recently become a regular contributor to top Silicon Valley tech blogs, VentureBeat and TechCrunch, and increasingly speaks at regional and international events. The process of formulating stories and broadcasting them through the mediums of writing and speaking have become a surprisingly rewarding and addictive experience.