Ernestien Idenburg

Ernestien Idenburg
Independent Business Consultant
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Amsterdam
THNK connection: THNKer , AMS Class 09

I am a multi-talented young professional who loves to travel, bring people together and to make good things happen. I am passionate about helping creative and social entrepreneurs flourish.

Trained as a lawyer, I gained corporate experience in the legal and financial sectors in Amsterdam and New York.

Looking to move my career into the creative industry, I studied interior architecture at Chelsea College of Art in Design in London.

Back in Amsterdam, I joined interior architecture firm Concern as Operational Manager, being responsible for finance, operations management and international business development.

Since 2014, I worked as an independent business consultant for creative and social entrepreneurs. As such, I act as a sparring partner and business coach, providing legal and financial advice, and from time to time operate in-house in a business development role.

I was business leader of What Design Can Do, an organization about the social impact of design, organizing conferences in Amsterdam and Sao Paulo and the international design challenge 'What Design Can Do for Refugees'.

I feel like a global citizen, having lived in Amsterdam, Barcelona, Bogota, Copenhagen, London and New York and having traveled to over 30 countries in 6 continents.