Grant Davidson

Grant Davidson
Enterprise Coach & Visiting Faculty
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Neeritter
THNK connection: Faculty

Globally oriented creative leader with more than 20 years of experience in driving business growth through Design, Marketing and Innovation. Exceptional at developing ‘out of the box’ strategies and ideas, cross-functional team play, and active implementation of comprehensive solutions for business and social growth. In an increasingly complex world, the disciplines of design thinking and creative leadership are now essential to achieving the differentiation that drives value, whilst ensuring inclusive social impact and respect for our natural environment.

My profession is in Design, however, through operating at an executive level in the various Philips management teams, I have developed a keen sense for business, marketing and innovation, and the value of true cross disciplinary collaboration.

During the last 10 years of my time at Philips I have been instrumental in the setting of the strategic direction and brand positioning for Philips Healthcare, Philips Sonicare, Philips Avent, Philips Beauty and Philips Shavers.

I have had the privilege to lead large teams of designers, and enjoy nurturing talent, developing competences, and creating a sense of energy and purpose.

At the same time the ‘customer’ is providing the right to play. Being intimately in tune with customer desires and needs is key to building trust and confidence, and ultimately to blowing them away with surprising and relevant solutions. I am an exponent of people-centric approaches, and lateral ’design thinking’ comes naturally.