Hajo van Beijma

Hajo van Beijma
Director at TTC Mobile
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Amsterdam
THNK connection: THNKer , AMS Class 02

I was referred to THNK by Katherine Maher.

While running my own ICT company in Amsterdam, I met his longtime friend Bas Hoefman. We were both equally fascinated by the enormous potential of using mobile technology for social change in emerging markets. We were convinced that a small, portable device could bring personalized and high-quality information to those who need it the most. And so, Bas and myself realized the time was right to set up a social enterprise focusing on mobile solutions for emerging markets, calling it TTC.

For the last seven years, I have set up partnerships with public and private partners in all 25 TTC program countries. I also head TTC’s finance department and have been awarded as Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in 2014.

By now, TTC has 35 employees in Amsterdam, Kampala and La Paz, and more than 100 successful mobile programs have been executed in Africa, Asia and Latin America, reaching over 2 million people.

TTC uses what is already there and merges that together. We don’t believe in innovation as the development of new software or hardware, we use existing resources and use those in a different way. TTC cooperates with governments and NGO’s who deliver the context, while TTC delivers the mobile technology. In this way, we enlarge the field around social entrepreneurship.