Jean-Pierre Raes

Jean-Pierre Raes
Founder & Entrepreneur
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Amsterdam
THNK connection: THNKer , AMS Class 07

I am a passionate entrepreneur who wants to create positive impact. I love to build brands, create new business concepts and connect people. I have the urge to think differently and get things done.

I have a Masters in Business Administration, specialized in Strategic management (Erasmus University in Rotterdam). After 13 years of experience in international business management positions for lifestyle and FMCG brands, I founded my own company ‘Apollo 11’ - a business that creates new business concepts and offers SMART business management to help effectively realize business growth. I was responsible for turnaround project as Managing Director of gsus, an iconic international fashion brand. Some other clients in business plan development and realizing growth were Scotch & Soda and Van Bommel, where I am still member of the Board of Advisors.

In 2015 I founded Westerlab; a co-creation/retail space where consumers can experience new inspiring products and where creative entrepreneurs can get connected to develop and realize new ideas. This summer I also launched FOOOTY, a great construction game to play wherever, whenever!

I am passionate about PLAY, because it stimulates creativity and brings people together. I love the little things in life, to travel to the unknown and to be challenged by my kids.