João Paulo Lovo

Executive Leadership Program - Amsterdam Class 12

João Paulo Lovo
International Visiting Attorney
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Amsterdam

I was born and raised in the Brazilian countryside, enjoying a very calm and predictable lifestyle. My curiosity and passion have pushed me out of my comfort zone and made me a well-accomplished student in Brazil, having been accepted to the top law school (USP) and business school (FGV) in the country. From there, I have always worked on the intersection of business, finance, and law.

Since then, I have always been on the move: 10 years ago I decided to relocate to the US, first to the Silicon Valley and later to New York, eventually obtaining a master degree in Tax Law from Northwestern University, and working in a leading international law firm (Skadden, Arps). This move has allowed me to build a diverse network of friends and colleagues, from entrepreneurs and venture capitalists to lawyers in Palo Alto, New York, Chicago, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, and Brussels.

A “political nerd,” I have been obsessed with the ever-changing political landscape in my three beloved countries (Brazil, USA, and the UK), following closely what’s going on and the implications to our world. I am also passionate about traveling with my wife, constantly thinking of our next destination, and staying open-minded about ideas and projects that we can successfully apply from one place to another.