Lamya Al Rashed

Consultant
 Abu Dhabi Art Fair
Art

I am an artist and entrepreneur.

I earned a BA of visual communications and a minor in illustration. I attended Marymount University, Arlington VA, and then the American University in London.

After graduating, I moved to Saudi Arabia and worked briefly as a copywriter at an advertising agency in Riyadh. Following that experience, I started my post graduate diploma at Christie's education in the subject of history of art.

Afterwards I moved back to Saudi Arabia and started Lam Art Gallery in 2010, to be the first art gallery of its kind to ever open in Riyadh, showcasing mainly local artists and giving them the platform in Riyadh, as well as looking after getting them into good studio abroad programs as well as exhibiting the works of the local artists at international art fairs, giving them the right exposure they wanted.

After 5 years of the gallery work, I decided to rethink the future of Lam Art Gallery and took a break in late 2015 to focus on developing new avenues to further develop Lam Art and her work in the art/social scene.

At the moment, I work at the family office and as a consultant to Abu Dhabi Art Fair. I live between Riyadh, Dubai and London.