Laolu Obende

Laolu Obende
Founder and Creative Director
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Lagos
Other projects and organizations include: Blockpasto Exhibition and Levitate Projects on Behance
THNK connection: THNKer , AMS Class 17

I am a native of Igarra, Edo State, and I was born in the ancient city of Benin City Nigeria.

I live in Lagos currently, prior to which I lived in Windhoek Namibia, while Nairobi Kenya is like my second home these days.

Growing up with an artist father was my earliest influence in the creative space. Life was really about the arts. We lived, talked, worked and existed within the creative space. One of my fondest memory was having to collaborate with my father on an inking job he was commissioned to do when I was 12 years old. I was inducted early on into a routine of constantly creating, studied Arts at the University, and I’m now in the business of brand-identity design and marketing communications.

In the last 7 years at Levitate, I have focused on developing smarter brands ranging from small enterprises to top-ranking FMCGs and corporates, giving them the requisite creative and marketing communications support that endears them to their target. My role is ensuring that creative processes and standards are built to suit the dynamics of every brand's growth process, ensuring more value for their spend. With Levitate, I have built my profession around my passion.

When I am not "Levitating," you will find me at home in my personal studio moving pigment on canvas with my palette knife creating asymmetric forms and textures. My goal with this is to participate in at least one art exhibition yearly, exploring new techniques, new works that excite and ultimately diversify my creativity.

As a leader, I find inspiration in diversity as it allows me to identify and harness the uniqueness of every team member.

I was nominated to be a Thinker by Lily Aninyei.

I was nominated to become a THNKer by Lily Aninyei
menu-close-white