Marcela Riquet Sabino

Marcela Riquet Sabino
Lab Director
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Rio de Janeiro
THNK connection: THNKer , AMS Class 12

I was referred to THNK by Alexandre Fernandes. 

I am the Director of the Museum of Tomorrow Activities Laboratory. At the lab our Massively Transformative Purpose is to prototype a more social and sustainable future using traditional and exponential technologies in a transdisciplinary way. The lab is a space for exploration and it has led me to find ways to apply and experiment with technologies such as artificial intelligence, digital fabrication, robotics, biohacking, big data, virtual reality and the Internet of things. Previously, I worked on developing strategies and solutions to complex problems using emerging technologies for organizations focused on international social development such as the World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), United Nations and major international companies. I completed my Master in Public Policy and Political and Economic Development from Harvard University and have a BA in Political Science and Anthropology from Amherst College. I am originally Brazilian but grew up in the US; I am now back in Brazil working at the Museum of Tomorrow.