Marije Stolte

Marije Stolte
Program Manager
My pronouns are: she/her/hers
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Leiden
THNK connection: Staff

Born and raised in a small town in the Southwest of the Netherlands, I moved to Leiden after graduating high school. Here, I completed a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and obtained a Research Master’s degree in Cognitive Neuroscience to learn more about what drives people’s behavior and thought processes. Through my work at various research centers and as a teacher, I became interested in the underlying factors of development and education that facilitate growth. Hence, in 2016 I started my doctoral research at Utrecht University where I investigated the role of attention and distraction in (mathematical) creativity and divergent thinking.

My research has taught me the immense value of creative, outside-the-box thinking. After successfully completing my doctoral dissertation entitled “(In)attention for creativity: Unraveling the neural and cognitive aspects of (mathematical) creativity in children,” I realized I don’t just want to learn more about creativity and development, I want to facilitate it.

This is what led me to become a Program Manager for Custom Programs at THNK. I am incredibly excited to work for an organization that shares the same vision and be part of a team of like-minded people. In my free time, I am passionate about yoga, meditation, and roller skating. I love to experiment with vegetarian cooking and explore new cultures and environments.