Melina Merdanovic

Melina Merdanovic
Global Participation Coordinator
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Amsterdam
THNK connection: Staff

I am blessed to have been born in Bosnia and Herzegovina, raised in Slovenia, lived in Myanmar for a while and Amsterdam since I was 19 years old. All of these unique places and cultures have shaped me into a diverse human being that I am today.

Through my formal education I obtained a degree in International Relations and Development Studies that have broadened my views on society, politics, human rights, and education systems around the world. However, my non-formal education enriched me more profoundly. This includes a Yoga teacher training, volunteering in a yoga ashram in Spain, working at the asylum seekers center in Slovenia and as a teacher in a Buddhist monastic school in Myanmar. Besides the knowledge I obtained on yoga, meditation, and education, I continue to be fascinated and learn from people and communities.

I believe that my interest in transformative education, personal development, and expansion of human consciousness have brought me to THNK and it is a pure joy to be a part of such an inspiring environment. In my free time, you can find me doing sports in parks around Amsterdam or twisting into a pretzel on my yoga mat.

menu-close-white