Mick van Kappen

Mick van Kappen
Transition Manager Digital Economy & Entrepreneur
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Utrecht
THNK connection: THNKer , AMS Class 17

I was born and raised in the western part of the Netherlands where I grew up in an entrepreneurial family in which we were stimulated to investigate and get involved in new endeavors. Still living in the Netherlands but having spent a lot of my working life abroad in combination with my natural curiosity, my interest in other people and life events convinced me to get and stay involved in new technologies, people from all kinds of backgrounds, and asking myself how I can contribute to shaping our future society.

Throughout my career, I always was and still am involved in technology-driven environments. My current role as Transition Manager Digital Economy leads me to initiate and develop opportunities where we can use modern and new technologies in shaping the society we live in and what we want it to be. In this way, I try to combine my interests and passion.

I am who I am and I do what I do because I love people, beautiful things, and harmony around me. When I have the opportunity I spend time with my family and friends, visit museums, and enjoy good food and wine.

As a leader, I feel I have to create an environment where people feel safe, experience trust, and can truly develop.

menu-close-white