Mpho Loliwe

Mpho Loliwe
Explorer
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Johannesburg
THNK connection: THNKer , AMS Class 15

Growing up in the Free State province of South Africa; with a love for international travel when travel management was still a rare career option; augmented by encouragement from a response to a job application to the national airline carrier at the age of 15, I became resolute that I wanted to study travel and tourism management when I completed high school. Fast forward to post-college working for a few travel companies and a few trips later, I realized that my passion lies in customization of experiences for my clients more than my individual travel experience. The personalization of experiences meant I had to upgrade my industry knowledge, customer service skills and work for an organization that resonated with my values.

In 2003 the opportunity to work for such an organization presented itself when I opened my own travel company, Tirisano Travel. Through this company, I had the prospect to render a professional, quality infused and customer tailored travel service to corporate travelers surrounded by a skilled team that shares similar objectives and values. Tirisano Travel still provides tailored services in corporate travel; meetings and conferences management to a select few customers.

Different stages of growth bring with new perspectives. In 2015 my focus broadened to include social entrepreneurship. The passion I possess for service and product customization evolved to community social needs solutions. I am pursuing access to greener, sustainable and affordable solutions of menstrual products that will receive positive community adoption and scalability.

I am avid about personal development of those around me, be it at work or at home and this is realized in opportunities for training and mentorship at work or providing a firm helping hand and guidance to my family in their quest for development and growth. I enjoy spending time with family and an opportunity to sneak in quiet alone moments to re-energize.

menu-close-white