Nirmala Nair

Nirmala Nair
Managing Director and Founder
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: New Delhi
THNK connection: THNKer , AMS Class 17

I believe effective communication, design, and technology play a crucial role in finding solutions to complex social problems. My passion and work lie at the intersection of storytelling, design, and technology to bring lasting social change.

In the past, I led the South Asia campaign of the world’s largest behavior change communication initiative against human trafficking, MTV EXIT. Been the Campaign Director for a multi-stakeholder initiative supporting the Clean India campaign designed in partnership with UNICEF. I was the Country Director at WASH United India Foundation where I strategized and led the Menstrual Hygiene Day campaigns since 2017.

In 2018 I set up Kaboom, a social impact agency to respond to social challenges and build movements using design, impacting content, and powerful narratives to enable Social Change. I am an advocate for education on menstrual health and hygiene and believe a girl who can address her periods in an informed manner with confidence and dignity performs better in other spheres of her life. Menstrual education forms a large part of my work and I have been recognized as a She Creates Change fellow at Change.org. Through my work, I want to reach out to girls across the globe to end the stigma around periods.

I live in New Delhi with my partner and 5-year-old daughter. I am passionate, energetic and a huge believer in the power of the team. I love my work and also love to dance, storytelling and theatre in any form, to travel and read.

menu-close-white