Pedro Telles

EMERGE - Class 04

Pedro Telles
Director
at Quid
My pronouns are: he/him/his
I am based in: São Paulo
THNK connection: Faculty, THNKer , EMERGE - Class 04

I am an advocacy, civic engagement, and public policy expert with extensive experience managing teams and organizations, and also a senior facilitator of strategic planning processes.

I currently have the role of co-founder and director at Quid, a communications and mobilization lab for issues related to democracy and human rights, focused on the development of data-driven projects and campaigns built on a deep understanding of audience niches, contemporary digital culture, and political contexts. I am also a senior fellow for Social and Economic Equity at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), a lecturer at Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV), and a faculty member at THNK.

I have lived and worked in countries across Latin America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, running projects at the local, national, and international levels in organizations such as Greenpeace, Oxfam, Luminate, Legislative Assembly of São Paulo, Brazil Human Rights Fund, Self-Employed Women's Association of India (SEWA), and the Overseas Development Institute (ODI), among others.

I hold a Master's degree in Development Studies with distinction from the Institute of Development Studies (IDS), as well as postgraduate degrees in Economics and in Political Science. And lately, I've been learning to play the guitar :)