Phuti Manguba

Phuti Manguba
Managing Director
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Johannesburg
THNK connection: THNKer , AMS Class 17

I was born and raised in a small town in Limpopo, 300km from Johannesburg. Both my parents worked as teachers to afford to take me and my siblings to a Christian boarding school in the area.

I spent my tertiary education at the University of Cape Town, studying Bcom in Information Systems. I later relocated to Johannesburg for my internship and have been living here since that time. After working in the ICT Business Consulting industry for 14 years, I decided to start my own consulting company where I now use the experiences and my intuitive thinking to immerse myself in my clients' situations and identify opportunities for great innovative solutions.

I'm a natural storyteller (and a performer that never made it to Art school), and I am now learning to use my creative abilities to help clients turn technology capabilities into socially responsible innovations. I am very passionate about teaching children to use creativity to continuously discover who they are yet to become. I have partnered with Designathon Works, a young foundation based in Amsterdam, to spread awareness about the importance of engaging children as co-designers of society by helping to empower and unleash children's creativity using new technologies.

I love traveling around the world and meeting new people. Through travel, I have created new business partners and friendships and this has contributed immensely to both my personal and leadership growth. My family means everything to me. When I'm not busy with proposals and projects, we like taking long bicycle rides and playing board games. As a leader, I value honesty and transparency, especially in these times of uncertainty. Many of us will do anything for their own benefit without being considerate of others.

menu-close-white