Partner + Head of In-Company
THNK
Higher Education

Professional Title: Partner, THNK

Industry: Higher Education

Currently with: THNK, Haas School of Business

Previously with: McKinsey & Company, (Arthur) Andersen

THNK Connection: Partner

My professional life has been shaped by the 13 years I spent at McKinsey & Company.  For most of that time, I worked in oil and gas and retail - I used to travel the world, turning around gas station networks! - before I found my passion in leadership development. During my last years at McKinsey, I was responsible for the leadership development of our 1,500 Partners globally.  As you can imagine, it was a major pivot in my professional life to move from strategy consulting to leadership development (would love to tell you the full story over a coffee one day!), but I've not regretted at all.  Today I get tremendous high from working  from my strengths and passions and building an institution - THNK - that will hopefully be lasting legacy.  Within THNK, I’m responsible for the Quest (our leadership curriculum), as well as our Corporate Programs and new locations.

My upbringing is international - my parents are Indian, I grew up in a small town called Kitwe in Zambia, I went to school in the UK and have lived since that time in Ghana, Switzerland and now The Netherlands -  and I treasure that a lot.  I thrive in international environments and understanding and building relationships with people from different backgrounds from my own.

Outside work, I live in The Hague with my German wife and two pre-teen daughters.  I enjoy running and flying my home flight simulator (a Boeing 767-300 ER).  I'm also a lecturer at the Haas School of Business at the University of California Berkeley where I teach a number of leadership topics from design-thinking to story-telling to relationship-building.

I left university with BA in History from the University of Cambridge and a MSc and PhD in Economic History/Development Economics from the London School of Economics.

Advisory Board Memberships of Rajiv Ball