Reem Khouri

I was referred to THNK by Leena Al Olaimy.

I serve on the board of directors of Ruwwad for Development - a regional not for profit private sector-led community empowerment organization that helps disadvantaged communities overcome marginalization through youth activism, civic engagement and education. In addition to this, I serve on several boards such as the Runwad Micro Venture Fund and Ethaar Journeys, and Nakhweh.

I am passionate about redesigning business models for social inclusion. I believe that companies need to renew their economic and social contracts with societies, and that profit on the long term can only be sustainable if societies become part and parcel of the business model. My plan is to support companies to do so by demonstrating the financial benefits of adopting socially innovative business models and processes.

Until December 2013, I served as the Manager of the CEO’s Operations at Aramex, one of the leading global logistics and transportation solutions providers, and the first company from the Arab world to go public on the NASDAQ stock exchange. Prior to Joining Aramex, I served as a commercial coordinator at the Gaza Power Generating Company (GPGC, the first independent power plant company in the Palestinian Occupied territories).