Ricardo Piquet

Ricardo Piquet
Director
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Rio de Janeiro
THNK connection: THNKer , AMS Class 15

I was born in Recife, a coastline city located on the northeast of Brazil. During my adult life I’ve moved to Rio de Janeiro with my wife and two children, which turn out to be the city I call home until this day. During my career, I’ve spent a short living period of time in Boston and Tokyo.

I am a creative economy entrepreneur and senior executive with solid experience in the public, private and non-governmental sectors. I work within projects focus on education, environment and culture. I devoted all my work to the public cause, working on projects that somehow benefited the society where I lived. So, in 2013, after fifteen years dedicated to social, educational and heritage management, I founded IDG (Management and Development Institute), a non-profit organization dedicated to innovate and modernize governance practices in major cultural endeavors in Brazil, which seeks to develop the potential of people and organizations through the arts, science and technology. Today, IDG has two hundred employees divided in two cities and multiple projects.

I believe that I will never tire of traveling abroad and learning about new cultures, new people, new ways of life. I identify a leader as a person with a solid and strong identity, coherence and owner of a daring but responsible personality.

I was nominated to become a THNKer by Alexandre Fernandes Filho