I was referred to THNK by Eduard Burer.
I am an urban innovation expert and entrepreneur, working in the creative industries in Amsterdam, Netherlands. For more than 12 years, I have been working on smart city challenges, with a special focus on innovation in cultural heritage, tourism, hospitality, education, mobility and open data.
I am passionate about how wireless, mobile and networked technologies can contribute to the liveability and resilience of cities, and helping to adapt to our changing needs in energy, mobility, living, working, education and governance. I am an advocate for open systems, open design and citizen & community co-creation.
Additionally, I am a regular speaker at international conferences on creative technologies for social innovation and urban development. My expertise lie with business & strategy development, program management, product development, technology design, team management.
- Founder CitiesNext.com - agency for civic innovation design.
- Founder Crowdsuing.nl - crowdfunding platform for justice.
- Business Development, Sales & Partnerships at 1%Club - Holland’s #1 do-good crowdfunding platform.
- Team lead THNK consortium proposal for the Amsterdam Metropolitan Solutions Institute.
- Founder 7scenes.com - mobile platform for location-based services.
- Founder Urban Reality Lab at Waag Society, institute for art, science and technology.
- Initiator AugmentedCity.org - events and workshops on mobile media - together with PICNIC.
- Initiator BestSceneInTown.com - mobile design competitions for universities - together with PICNIC.
- Initiator MuseumApp.org - publishing museum collections to city locations.
- Initiator MobileLearningAcademy.org - transforming education through mobile gaming.
- Initiator GuestNavigator.com - mobile services for hotels, resorts, holiday parks and cruise liners.