Sarah Murray

Sarah Murray
Executive Director, U.S.
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Colorado
THNK connection: THNKer , AMS Class 06

A global authority on play, I have spent two decades promoting gender equity on the field and off. Wearing the Women Win jersey since 2009, I am currently the organization’s U.S. Director – leading efforts to empower adolescent girls to achieve their rights through sport. In this role, I captain strategy development, programs, resource mobilization, and global thought leadership.

An animated public speaker, I have challenged audiences from stages such as Beyond Sport, Girls Not Brides, IWG Women in Sport, and Next Step. I regularly facilitate cross-cultural groups on topics related to gender, sport, leadership, storytelling, and human-centered design. My writing has appeared in dozens of magazines, newspapers, and books, including Feministing.org, Women’s Adventure, and the Huffington Post.

Previously a facilitator with THNK School of Creative Leadership, I am particularly energized by the application of design thinking to encourage social innovations and scale strategies to addressing women’s development and empowerment challenges. My work is 100% fueled by my personal love of play. An athlete and competitor at heart, I have played sport with fiercely passionate women in over 65 countries on six continents.

I was nominated to become a THNKer by Jürgen Griesbeck
menu-close-white