Susan Smudde

Susan Smudde
Faculty & Program Director
My pronouns are: she/her/hers
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Amsterdam
Other projects and organizations include: Being at Work
THNK connection: Faculty

As an organizational psychologist, I have always been interested in the interplay between people and the system of which they are a part. My primary focus is on teams and leadership development in the context of organizational development. Teams are a source of energy and potential for organizations. Nowadays it is increasingly challenging to keep the right focus and to stay aligned with each other and the world around us. The complexity of what is happening in and to the world and the continuous change require different mindsets, meta-perspectives, and new team dynamics. I believe that organizations need more leaders who made the shift from "doing" to "being" and my aim is to support leaders to make this shift.

In my more than 20 years of experience in HR and organizational development, in consulting and (HR) leadership roles, I have experienced diverse businesses, varying from international organizations to scale-ups. Over the last four years, I have worked for different organizations aimed at leadership development which has broadened and deepened my palette of creative and impactful interventions. With these experiences, I love to create tailor-made interventions, whether it concerns coaching, team development, or leadership programs.

I am a registered coach and followed various post-graduate courses at IMD and The London Business School and recently Executive Team Coaching at the VU in Amsterdam. I live in Amsterdam with my husband and two sons. I love traveling and discovering the beauty of various landscapes and cultures, whether it is in the Netherlands or at the other end of the world. In my leisure time, I like to run and to spend my time with our family and friends.