Sushma Joseph

Sushma Joseph
Executive Producer
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: Mumbai
THNK connection: THNKer , AMS Class 16

I've always been the black sheep of my academic-focused family of super-achievers. Born in Davangere, a small town in India, I moved to Bangalore city at age 15. Throughout school and college, I enjoyed and excelled more in extracurricular activities than studies as a rebellious science student. In my younger years, I've been a state-level dancer, beauty contest winner, professional choir, acapella, and solo singer, elected student bodies leader, and youth activist, amongst many other things.

Right after my undergrad, I managed a project for MTV, finding the industry both challenging and fun. I tried working in all departments of filmmaking before moving to MTV Mumbai in their on-air promotions department. It was my film school, filled with rockstars who remain ex-colleagues and great friends to date.

I quickly adapted a personal tagline, "Fight the mediocrity," in everything I did. I joined BBH as Executive Producer and swiftly moved from agency producer managing big brand TV commercial launches for Google, Skoda, Diageo, etc. to heading my own in-house production house called "Black Sheep Live" as lead producer and director. Star India, where I currently work, helped me learn that I'm a better manager than a creative even.

menu-close-white