Tim Bett

Tim Bett
Owner
My experience and deep interests:
I am based in: The Hague
THNK connection: THNKer , AMS Class 17

I am an Englishman who has been based near The Hague for the last 15 years but I have lived, worked or studied throughout Europe, UK (pre-Bx!) Africa, USA, and Asia.

I have a lifetime’s experience in leading and transforming supply chain networks for chemical multinationals. Now I am busy building a second career as a catalyst to sustainable industrialization in developing regions - where rapid population growth drives a need for the creation of millions of new jobs. This leads to huge social and environmental pressures due to rapid urbanization. As a result, I have spent the last 18 months encouraging a safe, economically viable, textile industry to become established in industrial parks in Ethiopia, which operate free from pollution, waste, and exploitation.

I am committed to “Business as a Force for Good” but recognize that new styles of interdependent leadership are necessary to be effective and make tangible impacts.

I admire leaders who are principled, collaborative and courageous……but need some help identifying living role models!

My wife and I enjoy the challenge of relating to the different perspectives of our 3 grown-up children. I relax through playing, coaching, refereeing or simply watching multiple sports.

menu-close-white